Tuesday, April 17, 2007

UNITARY VISION OF "I AND I AM "

The terms "Absolute Reality", "I-Consciousness", "I am the Universe", "I & I Am the individual" and "Individuality" have already been discussed in this blog. Now, we may proceed with the thought on "Unitary vision of I and I am". In the 'individual, "I" is the LIFE and "I AM" is the LIVING. "I" is the Witness and "I AM" is the doer.


"I am" in the individual wants to probe "Who is this I". This probe is being witnessed by "I". What all one thinks, talks or writes, are within the sphere of "I am" only. "I am" is the doer and "I" is the witness. "I am" says 'I think and act', while 'I' keeps quiet with the knowledge 'I know'.


In the individual, 'I" is shining as 'Life' and witnessing the "living" (I AM) "I" is "Existence" and "I am" is the "sense of existence". The relationship between "I" and 'I am' is similar to a "dancer" and "dance", and "Ocean" and "waves" - The dancer witnessing his own dance and the ocean witnessing its own movements as waves! In the absence of a "unitary vision" of "I" and "I AM", dualities such as "subject-object" "life-living", "witness-doership", "God-Universe", "Akshara-Kshara", "Being-Becoming" "Para-Apara", "transcendental-immanent" "spatial-temporal" "vidya-avidya" etc., would arise. "I" has no duality. "I AM" only imagines duality.



"I" expresses "I AM" so long as "I" wills it. "LIFE" expresses "LIVING" so long as "Life" wills it. Finally, both dissolve in the 'ABSOLUTE". The 'dancer' and the 'dance' disappear in the 'person'.The 'waves' and the 'ocean' disappear in 'water'. The relationship between "I" and "I AM" can be understood only by realising the "Absolute" hidden in that relationship.